
Unbelievable Vhafamadi B&B: Your South African Dream Getaway Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea, the rooibos, the whole darn shebang on Unbelievable Vhafamadi B&B. Prepare yourselves, because this isn't your typical dry-as-a-desert-hump review. This is EXPERIENCE, baby! And let's be honest, I'm not sure I even fit the usual mold, so this is going to be fun.
First things first: Accessibility. Now, I'm not a wheelchair user, but I did spend a chunk of time with my Aunt Mildred, who gets around on a scooter. Trying to get her everywhere, even in my place, is a saga! So, I paid extra attention to this one. Unbelievable Vhafamadi? They're saying they've got Facilities for disabled guests, which immediately perks me up. Elevators? Check. No more lugging suitcases! I'm praying that this means easy ramps and stuff. If it's truly accessible, that's a huge win. Especially if Mildred ever wants to come visit. Her side-eye game when she can't get around is legendary.
On-Site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: Okay, this is crucial. Nobody wants to be stuck in their room, right? Gotta check this one out. "Yes" is the answer. Which is Fantastic! Plus, with all the facilities they're offering, I imagine a few people with disabilities would love to check this place out.
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes! This is great!
Okay, let's dive deeper into this jungle of features…
Internet Access: Phew. Thank goodness. In the modern age, a spotty connection is a travel sin. They're waving around the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! banner like it's a freakin' gold medal. And yes, Internet [LAN] is included. What does that even mean anymore? It's a throwback to the OG internet days. Still, good to know. And Internet services are apparently available.
Wi-Fi in public areas: Yes!
Now, let's talk about the fun stuff: Things to do, ways to relax. This is where I start drooling. They've got a Pool with a view, which sounds absolutely divine. Visions of myself lounging, cocktail in hand, are already dancing in my head. Then there's a Sauna, a Spa/sauna, and a full-blown Spa. The Steamroom, the Gym/fitness, all that jazz. Massage? YES, PLEASE. My back is screaming for a massage after that long flight. Oh, and a Foot bath? Count. Me. In. Body scrub and Body wrap? Okay, stop it. I'm already picturing myself feeling like a brand new human!
Body scrub - Ah, the joy of shedding dead skin like a snake. Body wrap - Time to cocoon! Fitness center - Gotta work off those cocktails, right? Foot bath - Soothing. Gym/fitness - See above. Massage - Pure bliss. Pool with view - The dream. Sauna - Sweaty heaven. Spa - My wallet is already crying. Spa/sauna - Double the fun! Steamroom - See sauna. Swimming pool - Splash! Swimming pool [outdoor] - Sunshine! Cleanliness and safety. This is a HUGE deal, people. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so I'm paying EXTRA close attention to this part. They're promising Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays. Good. Bloody. Lord. Thank you. Professional-grade sanitizing services? Even better. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Love that. I'm also glad to see they have Staff trained in safety protocol for this very reason.
Breakfast Takeaway Service: This is great for anyone who wants to go. Cashless Payment Service: This is great if you're traveling light. Daily Disinfection in Common Areas: This is great! Doctor/Nurse On Call: Excellent! First Aid Kit: Essential Hand Sanitizer: All the way! Hot water linen and laundry washing: This is great! Hygiene Certification: Great! Individually Wrapped Food Options: A great option. Physical Distancing of at least 1 meter: A good idea Professional-Grade Sanitizing Services: Great! Room Sanitization Opt-Out Available: Excellent Rooms Sanitized Between Stays: Good to know! Safe Dining Setup: Important Sanitized Kitchen and Tableware Items: Important. Shared Stationery Removed: A good idea. Staff Trained in Safety Protocol: Important. Sterilizing Equipment: Okay. Dining, drinking, and snacking. Now we're cooking! Or, you know, eating. They've got Restaurants, a Poolside bar, and a Snack bar. Yes, yes, and YES. The A la carte in restaurant and the Buffet in restaurant both sound great, but honestly, I'm a sucker for a buffet. And after the last two years? My mouth is watering at the very thought of being able to choose from endless options. They also have Asian breakfast and Asian cuisine in restaurant, exciting! The Coffee/tea in restaurant are also excellent options. More options.
A la carte in restaurant: A great idea. Alternative meal arrangement: An excellent option. Asian breakfast: Great! Asian cuisine in restaurant: Good. Bar: Drinks! Bottle of water: Essential Breakfast [buffet]: Yummy! Breakfast service: Okay. Buffet in restaurant: Love! Coffee/tea in restaurant: Wonderful. Coffee shop: Good. Desserts in restaurant: Gotta have 'em. Happy hour: Cheers! International cuisine in restaurant: Nice touch. Poolside bar: Perfection. Restaurants: Got it! Room service [24-hour]: Genius. Salad in restaurant: Important Snack bar: Gotta have it. Soup in restaurant: Great option. Vegetarian restaurant: An excellent option Western breakfast: Good. Western cuisine in restaurant: Okay.
Services and conveniences: Okay, this is the stuff that really makes a hotel stand out, right? They've got Air conditioning in public area - important! Audio-visual equipment for special events for the big occasion! Business facilities if you have to be a grown-up and work, and Cash withdrawal and a Concierge? Score. A Convenience store to grab that forgotten toothpaste (or a quick snack). Currency exchange for those traveling from abroad. Daily housekeeping – yes, to fresh sheets and a tidied-up room. I’m also looking forward to the Dry cleaning and Laundry service. Elevator, thank GOD. Facilities for disabled guests, a huge plus. Food delivery - even better! And a Gift/souvenir shop because, let's face it, you will need a little something to show you actually went somewhere. And a Luggage storage, I absolutely hate carrying my luggage around.
Air conditioning in public area: Good. Audio-visual equipment for special events: Good Business facilities: Okay. Cash withdrawal: Convenient. Concierge: Helpful. Contactless check-in/out: Good. Convenience store: Perfect. Currency exchange: Needed. Daily housekeeping: A blessing. Doorman: Nice touch. Dry cleaning: Useful. Elevator: Yes! Essential condiments: Ok Facilities for disabled guests: Great! Food delivery: Good! Gift/souvenir shop: Gotta get a little something. Indoor venue for special events: Good. Invoice provided: Excellent. Ironing service: Excellent! Laundry service: Great. Luggage storage: Perfect. Meeting/banquet facilities: Important! Meetings: Ok. Meeting stationery: A nice touch. On-site event hosting: Good. Outdoor venue for special events: Excellent! Projector/LED display: Nice touch! Safety deposit boxes: Important. Seminars: Nice! Shrine: Ok. Smoking area: A good idea. Terrace: Nice! Wi-Fi for special events: A must. Xerox/fax in business center: Ok
For the kids: Now, I am NOT a parent, but I know a bit about kids from my own wild childhood! Babysitting service? Huge win for the parents. Family/child friendly? That's always a plus. And while I don't need them myself, Kids facilities and Kids meal are thoughtful touches.
Babysitting service: A great idea. Family/child friendly: Awesome! **Kids facilities
Escape to Luxury: Comfort Suites Pineville - Your Ballantyne Getaway!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my supposed "relaxing" trip to Vhafamadi Bed & Breakfast in South Africa. Let's be honest, relaxing is not in my vocabulary, but hopefully, some magic will happen there. Here goes nothing… (and let's hope my phone doesn’t die – it’s a disaster waiting to happen).
Vhafamadi Bed & Breakfast – The Unofficial, Unfiltered, Probably Slightly Chaotic Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Map Struggle (or, How I Almost Got Eaten by a Road)
- Morning (ish. I'm a habitual late riser, sue me.): Wake up in Johannesburg, bleary-eyed and clutching a travel pillow that has seen better days. Air travel, the joys! The flight itself was relatively uneventful, unless you count the toddler who decided my knee was a personal drum kit for three hours.
- Afternoon: ARRIVAL! Vhafamadi, here I come! Or, at least, I thought I was. This is where the "adventure" truly begins. First hurdle: figuring out the car rental. Let's just say my interaction with the navigation system rivals my attempts at DIY. After a lengthy battle of wills (and a near-miss collision with a very aggressive pothole), I navigated my own self to the B&B.
- Afternoon (Continued): Check-in! OMG, the view from my room! Totally worth the map trauma. The B&B owner, a lovely woman named Nomusa, welcomed me with a smile that could cure world hunger and a ginger drink that was divine. She showed me to my room and… it was BEAUTIFUL. It was clean, the room was quiet, and the bed was huge.
- Evening: Dinner at the B&B. I had a fantastic meal of local cuisine, which was absolutely incredible. Nomusa’s cooking is from another reality, honestly. I met some other guests. I'm normally a wallflower, but this place had a way of making you feel all comfy.
Day 2: The Waterfalls, The Monkeys, and My Existential Crisis (Or, Why I Should Never Wear White Shorts)
- Morning: Woke up feeling strangely… peaceful. Must be the fresh air and the lack of honking taxis. Breakfast was yet another feast. I'm pretty sure I'm going to gain five kilos, and I'm 100% okay with it.
- Mid-Morning: Drive to the waterfalls. I’m pretty sure I hit every single bump on the road (my car’s suspension hates me now). The waterfalls were AMAZING. I was pretty sure I heard a voice call my name.
- Late Morning: The Monkeys. Oh, the monkeys. They're adorable, until they try to steal your lunch. I swear one of them gave me the side-eye. I survived the monkey assault, but my white shorts, sadly, did not. They’re now sporting a permanent brown stain. Thanks, monkeys. Thanks a lot.
- Afternoon: Chasing the shade of the waterfalls, thinking about life. Okay, it might have been more like contemplating the meaning of my existence while simultaneously dodging monkey bandits. Got home, needed a nap from all the adrenaline.
- Evening: Trying on a new top.
Day 3: More Exploration and A Whole Lot More Food (or, What I Learned About Meerkats and My Stomach's Capacity)
- Morning: The meerkats were on the list today. I saw one! It was very fast and just looked at me funny. So now I know what they look like, and I can confirm that they are small and fast.
- Mid-Morning: I had the most delicious sandwich,
- Afternoon: Went to another place and met people. I had some snacks.
- Evening: Dinner. A LOT of it. Again, Nomusa is a culinary genius. I'm pretty sure I ate enough for three people, and I loved every second of it. I'm starting to think I should just move in.
Day 4: The Unexpected Departure & The Emotional Hangover (or, The End of a Beautiful, Messy Thing)
- Morning: The dreaded packing! It's always a bittersweet moment. I had one last breakfast and looked at my room, feeling sad.
- Mid-Morning: Said goodbye to Nomusa, promising to return. Her smile felt like a warm hug. I drove a little, and when I looked back at the B&B, I wondered what I was going to eat next.
- Afternoon: Travel back to Joburg. The journey back was filled with the usual chaos.
- Evening: Landed at home, tired, full, and a little bit heartbroken that the trip was over. I know it sounds dramatic, but Vhafamadi felt like a little piece of heaven.
Final Thoughts (Because I Can't Help Myself):
This trip wasn't perfect. It had its hiccups, its near-disasters, and moments of utter deliciousness. But it was real. It was raw. And it was, dare I say it, absolutely wonderful. Highly recommend. Just pack some stain remover for those monkey encounters. And maybe a bigger stomach. You'll need it.
Tenerife Playa: Sun, Sand, & Unforgettable Memories Await!
Unbelievable Vhafamadi B&B: You've Got Questions? We (Mostly) Have Answers! (Brace Yourself...)

