
Settha Palace Laos: Unveiling the Secrets of a Royal Paradise
Settha Palace Laos: More Than Just a Hotel, It's a (Sometimes Messy) Love Affair
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to spill the tea – the perfectly brewed, jasmine-scented tea, of course – on the Settha Palace Laos. Forget sterile reviews; this is a deep dive, a rollercoaster of observations, and a slightly manic obsession with a hotel that, let’s be honest, almost lived up to its "Royal Paradise" billing.
First Impressions (And a Few Hiccups): Accessibility, Oh My!
Let’s be real – navigating Southeast Asia with mobility challenges can be…an adventure. Settha Palace, thankfully, is surprisingly decent on the accessibility front. The elevator? Checked. Ramps where needed? Mostly. The staff? Generally helpful. (More on that later.) I did, however, find myself wishing for a bit more signage, especially around the pool area, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is a flawlessly accessible palace. Good starting point though!
- Accessibility: Elevator, Ramps, and a good starting point
- Wheelchair accessible: Mixed success
The Internet Age: Wi-Fi Everywhere (Thank the Heavens!)
Let's get straight to it, the internet is EVERYTHING to me. I’m a digital nomad with a serious caffeine habit and a crippling dependence on Wi-Fi. So, the fact that Settha Palace boasts Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and Wi-Fi in public areas, is music to my ears. I'm pretty sure I got a little giddy checking that box. Internet [LAN] is also available if you're into that old-school wired vibe, and the speed was generally good. No complaints here. Internet services were also available, which is super handy for those last-minute Zoom calls.
- Internet Access: Perfect. Free Wi-Fi, LAN available, and internet services.
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! You bet!
Things to Do (And How to Relax – or at Least Try):
Right, let’s talk pampering. This is where Settha Palace really shines…or at least, tries its darnedest to.
- Spa/Sauna, Steamroom, Massage: These are a MUST. Do it. Seriously. The spa is, if I'm being brutally honest, the best part of the hotel. The massage was… transporting. I swear I briefly levitated. The Body scrub and Body wrap are also worth a try (although I may have fallen asleep during the wrap, whoops!). The Sauna and Steamroom are properly steamy, and the entire spa experience is designed to melt your stress away. Well, it did until I got a little lost trying to find the steam room and ended up staring at the wrong door for a solid five minutes. A minor hiccup, but be warned, the layout is a tad… labyrinthine.
- Pool with view, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: And about that outside pool? Gorgeous! The views are spectacular, and it’s the perfect place to sip cocktails (see below).
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Foot bath: I intended to use the gym. I really, really did. But let's just say the call of the poolside bar was stronger. But it looked like a decent gym.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary (and Occasionally Chaotic) Journey
Alright, food. This is where things got… interesting. The Settha Palace offers a dazzling array of options, and while some were pure bliss, others were… well, let's just say they were character-building.
Restaurants, Bars, Coffee Shop: The main restaurant served a Breakfast [buffet] that was… ambitious! Asian breakfast and Western breakfast were both options. The International cuisine in restaurant was pretty good, and I had a few lovely meals, but I also experienced a few moments of "Did they forget the seasoning?" Luckily, the Coffee/tea in restaurant was consistently excellent.
A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee shop: The "A la carte" options were great for a late night snack.
Poolside bar: Ah, yes. The poolside bar. This is where I spent a significant portion of my time. The cocktails? Divine. The service? Let's call it “Laotian relaxed.” Expect a wait. Embrace it. This is, after all, the pace of life here.
Room service [24-hour]: Amazing. After a few too many of those cocktails mentioned above, this was a life saver.
Happy hour: Another win.
Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant: Pretty good.
Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant: Solid options to feed you.
Vegetarian restaurant: Available!
Alternative meal arrangement: available, very helpful.
The Rooms: Opulence…with a Dash of Quirks
Here’s where the "Royal Paradise" claim mostly held up. My room was spacious, luxurious, and undeniably beautiful. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver. The Additional toilet and Separate shower/bathtub were genuinely appreciated. The Blackout curtains were perfect for sleeping in.
- Available in all rooms: Pretty accurate!
- Coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea: A nice touch.
- Daily housekeeping: Spotless.
- Desk, Laptop workspace, Internet access – wireless, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free]: Again, crucial for my work.
- Extra long bed : Comfortable!
- Hair dryer: Nice touch.
- In-room safe box: Essential.
- Mirror: Great light!
- Non-smoking: Yes.
- Private bathroom, Toiletries: Great.
- Slippers: Comfy.
- Soundproofing: Effective.
- Sofa: Perfect for collapsing on after a long day of “research.”
Cleanliness and Safety: They're Trying!
Okay, let's talk COVID. The hotel definitely takes hygiene seriously.
- Cleanliness and safety: They are trying their best!
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Good!
- Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: All the boxes ticked.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things Add Up
The Settha Palace offers a good range of services, but some felt a bit… inconsistent.
Concierge: helpful.
Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Cash withdrawal: Convenient!
Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests: Always appreciated.
Dry cleaning: Available!
Airport transfer, Taxi service: Easy.
Room decorations, Safety/security feature: Great.
Front desk [24-hour], 24-hour] Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms: Always appreciated.
Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids meal: Family friendly!
The Downsides (Because Nothing's Perfect):
Okay, let’s get real. The service, while charming, could sometimes be… slow. And the communication? Not always crystal clear. I had a few instances where my requests were… misunderstood. And while the hotel advertises a certain level of polished perfection, there were moments of charming, slightly chaotic, Lao-style hospitality. It’s part of the charm, to be honest. Embrace it!
Final Verdict: Should You Go?
Absolutely. Despite the minor hiccups, the Settha Palace Laos is a truly special place. If you're looking for a luxurious, well-located hotel with a fantastic spa and a touch of old-world charm, this is it. Just be prepared for a few quirks, embrace the relaxed pace of life, and don't be afraid to ask for what you need.
Overall Stars: 4 out of 5. (Minus one star for the occasional communication breakdown. But hey, who needs perfect when you have that pool?)
SEO Optimized Offer - Unleash Your Inner Royal at the Settha Palace Laos!
Headline: Escape to Royal Paradise: Indulge in Luxury at Settha Palace Laos!
Body:
Tired of the ordinary? Longing for an unforgettable escape? Discover the secrets of Settha Palace Laos, a haven of elegance and tranquility nestled in the heart of Vientiane.
Why Book Now:
- Unwind Like Royalty: Immerse yourself in our exquisite spa, offering rejuvenating massages, body wraps, steams and more. Picture yourself lounging by our stunning pool with a view, sipping handcrafted cocktails from our poolside bar. The ultimate relaxation awaits!
- Connected Comfort: Stay effortlessly connected with **

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're not just planning a trip to Settha Palace in Laos, we're feeling it. This isn't some sterile itinerary; it's a journey, folks. Prepare for some tears (happy ones, hopefully), a fair amount of indecision, and the distinct possibility of me losing my camera… again.
SETTHA PALACE: A Messy, Wonderful, and Totally Unpredictable Itinerary (or, My Attempt to Find Zen… and Failing Spectacularly)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Anticipation (and Jet Lag from Hell)
- Morning (or, Technically, the Aftermath of a Red-Eye): Arrive at Wattay International Airport (VTE). The air hits you like a warm, spicy hug – instantly wonderful. Customs? Smooth as silk. (Thank god, because I’m running on fumes.) The taxi ride to Settha Palace? A blur of tuk-tuks, shimmering temples, and the vague feeling I've landed in a dream.
- Anxiety Level: Mild. Mostly just the existential dread of being in a new place and remembering I still don't know how to drive a scooter.
- Afternoon: Check-in, Room Swooning, and Immediate Regret (in the Best Way Possible)
- Check-in at Settha Palace. The staff are ridiculously charming, which is probably a Lao superpower. The hotel itself? Oh, the hotel. It’s like stepping into a colonial-era movie. My room – a suite, gasp – is pure elegance. Four-poster bed, silk drapes, a balcony overlooking… something exotic and green. I collapse on the bed, do a little happy wiggle, and immediately regret not bringing that super cute travel journal with the gold-leaf lettering. (Rookie mistake.)
- Honest Fact: My first thought? "Where's the mini-bar?" Because priorities, people. And also, I'm jet-lagged and need a celebratory beer.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Exploring the City (or, Getting Utterly and Gloriously Lost)
- Attempt to explore the neighborhood. Google Maps is my frenemy. I decide to walk, thinking "I shall become a local, a wanderer, a connoisseur of hidden alleyways!" I get lost within ten minutes. It’s amazing. I stumble upon a tiny temple, a street food stall overflowing with enticing smells (more on that later), and a group of monks laughing in the shade. Breathe. Take a picture (of the wrong temple, probably).
- *Observation: Laos is *hot. Like, melting-your-makeup-and-your-will-to-live hot. Fortunately, the air is also incredibly fragrant. The aroma of incense and a hint of jasmine is keeping me from completely losing it.
- Evening: Dinner Disaster… or Delicious Discovery?
- Decide to be adventurous and try a local restaurant recommended online, hoping to find authentic Lao cuisine. The menu is in something resembling English. I order something called "Larb." It involves a lot of chili peppers. My mouth catches on fire. Tears stream down my face (from the spice, not the beauty… mostly). But… the flavors! They explode in my mouth. I manage to make it through a whole plate.
- Quirky Thought: I think I may have accidentally signed up for a fire-breathing contest. Maybe I should keep the water on me.
- *Emotional Reaction: The Larb was incredibly hot but good. The worst of the food was the sticky rice, but eventually, I became accustomed to it. I now think I can eat anything spicy. *
Day 2: Temples, Tranquility, and a Near-Death Experience with a Mango
- Morning: Temple Hopping (and Surviving the Sun)
- Morning: Visit Wat Sisaket and Wat Ho Phra Keo. The intricate carvings, the golden Buddhas, the quiet… it’s breathtaking. I wander around each temple, soaking in the atmosphere. I take a picture of every single thing, probably annoying the local people.
- Imperfect Behavior: I probably missed the little details that made it special, since I tried to take pictures of everything. I didn't have a lot of great memories to begin with.
- Emotional Response: I was humbled by the beauty and serenity.
- Lunch: The Mango Tango (Literally)
- I buy a mango from a street vendor. It’s the size of my head. It’s the colour of the sunset. I attempt to eat it on the go, like the sophisticated traveler I am. Catastrophe! Mango juice goes everywhere. I end up covered in goo, desperately trying to keep from slipping and falling. Nearly wiped out by a scooter. Laughing so hard I cry.
- Observation: Mangoes are nature's ultimate practical mess.
- Afternoon: Poolside Bliss (or, My Attempt to Channel My Inner Zen Master)
- Back at Settha Palace. Find the pool, flop onto a sun lounger, and attempt to embrace "relaxation." I fail. My brain is still buzzing from the day. I manage to read two pages of a book, before getting distracted by the pool's beautiful tiles.
- Honest Fact: I spent half the time checking my phone for notifications. Sigh.
- Rambling Thought: maybe if i could actually sit and do nothing for a while, I would feel at peace.
- Evening: Evening Stroll and Dinner (and Possibly Ordering Something That Will Require a Fire Extinguisher)
- Take a leisurely evening stroll through the neighborhood. I can see the sunset and maybe even find some food that won't make me question my life choices.
- Anticipation: Maybe I'll order something safe, like a spring roll.
Day 3: Settha Palace, Serenity, and Starting My Day With a Fight
- Morning: Breakfast in Paradise (and Ordering Something I Actually Like)
- The breakfast at Settha Palace is a masterpiece. Fresh fruit, pastries, steaming coffee, and eggs the way I like them. I sit on the balcony and watch the world start to wake. It’s the first moment of total peace I've experienced – until a bird steals a piece of my croissant. Seriously!
- Moral of the Story: Birds are jerks.
- Morning: Last Minute Things to do
- I decided to do all the last minute things I wanted to see and do, and maybe even give myself a bit of a break.
Day 4: Departure (and a Promise to Return)
- Morning:
- One last walk around the neighborhood, a final, longing look at Settha Palace. I buy a souvenir (probably something unnecessary, but it will remind me of this trip).
- Emotional Reaction: Mixed feelings. Sad to leave, but also ready for a hot shower and my own bed.
- Afternoon:
- Departure from Wattay International Airport.
Important Notes & Disclaimers:
- This itinerary is highly flexible. Stuff happens. Get lost. Embrace the unexpected.
- I am not a travel expert. I am a human with emotions (a lot of them).
- Pack light (I didn't, and I regret it).
- Learn a few basic Lao phrases (it’ll charm the socks off of everyone).
- Bring sunscreen. Seriously.
- Be prepared to fall in love with Laos. You will.
- Please don't judge my inability to follow a schedule.
- Do not plan a vacation without planning for some relaxation time.
And most importantly… enjoy the journey, even the messy bits. They're what make life interesting. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find some more Larb… wish me luck!
Luxury Redefined: Uncover Loong Fatt Hotel Malaysia's Hidden Gems
Settha Palace Laos: You Got Questions, I Got... Answers (Mostly)
Okay, so, *Settha Palace*. Is it really as ridiculously glamorous as it looks in those Insta pics?
Let's talk food! Is the breakfast buffet actually worth crawling out of that ridiculously comfy bed for?
Is the pool as inviting as it looks? I need a good poolside situation.
What's the vibe? Romantic getaway? Family-friendly? Solo adventure?
The service? What's the deal with the staff?
Worth the splurge? Gimme the honest truth.

