
Escape to Royal Luxury: Windsor Castle Hotel, Australia Awaits
Escape to Royal Luxury: Windsor Castle Hotel, Australia Awaits - A Review (and a Plea for You to Book!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea – the very, very expensive, probably imported-from-some-fancy-mountain-spring kind of tea – on Escape to Royal Luxury: Windsor Castle Hotel. You want the truth? You want the whole shebang? You want to know if this place ACTUALLY lives up to the hype? Well, grab a glass of wine (or a beer, no judgement), and let's get this show on the road.
First things first: Accessibility. Now, I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but I always pay attention because it's crucial. Windsor Castle seems to get it. They've got wheelchair accessible everything listed, and that's a HUGE win. They even specify on-site accessible restaurants and lounges! That's a detail that makes my heart sing, because it means they're thinking about everyone. Excellent start.
The Internet Odyssey (Wi-Fi, LAN, Oh My!)
Look, let's face it, in this day and age a hotel without decent internet is basically a prison. Windsor Castle understands. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes, please! And it's not just the free kind; they've got Internet [LAN] too for the hardcore wired-up types. Wi-Fi in public areas is a given. I'm assuming it's actually fast Wi-Fi, because no one wants to stare at a loading screen when they're meant to be basking in luxury. I'll update this review if the signal is a potato. But so far, so good.
Cleanliness and Safety – Because No One Wants the Plague (or a Tourist Tax)
Okay, this is where Windsor Castle really shines, and frankly, it's a relief. They're clearly taking COVID seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, and even sanitized kitchen and tableware items! I mean, they’re doing everything. They even have room sanitization opt-out available. Like, wow. That’s a commitment to hygiene! The staff trained in safety protocol is another huge plus. I feel genuinely safe in this place. They've got the hand sanitizer, the physical distancing – the works. They’ve pretty much checked every box and I'm breathing easier.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Let's Eat!
Alright, the good stuff. This is where the Windsor Castle Hotel had me at hello. I'm a foodie, through and through, and the list of options here makes my mouth water. Restaurants, plural! A la carte in restaurant? Yes! Buffet in restaurant? Even better! Asian breakfast, International cuisine, Vegetarian restaurant… Oh, and a snack bar? Don't mind if I do! Honestly, the thought of all this makes me want to move in permanently. They have a poolside bar (duh!) and a coffee shop, naturally. My personal fave? The Happy Hour. Let the good times roll, baby!
Okay, so I did have a minor hiccup. I’m not going to lie, the salad I ordered one night was a little wilted. Minor, completely fixable, but hey, honest review. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to a busy night. The room service [24-hour]? That's what separates the men from the children, and the pampered from the… less pampered. I'm in.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax (Because This is SUPPOSED to be a Vacation!)
This is where the Windsor Castle Hotel completely nailed it. Let me tell you, after a year of lockdowns and Zoom meetings, I needed to unwind. And unwind, I did.
The Spa. Oh. My. God. The Spa.
Let's just dedicate a whole paragraph to this baby. I went for the full monty: Body scrub, Body wrap, Sauna, Steamroom, Spa, Spa/sauna, Massage. I mean, come on. This is what dreams are made of. The Pool with View? Stunning. I could have floated there, sipping a mojito (from the poolside bar, naturally), all day. And the massage? Forget about it. I literally melted into the massage bed. If there's a heaven, it's probably a lot like that spa. They also have a Foot bath. Fancy.
Then there's the Fitness center and Gym/fitness if you're into that sort of thing. Me? I stuck to the pool. (But hey, there's a Swimming pool [outdoor] AND a Swimming pool! Options, people!)
And let me say this: they knew their audience. I saw couples galore, so, naturally, there is a Couple's room.
Services and Conveniences – Because Life's Too Short to Fold Your Own Shirts
This is where the Windsor Castle goes above and beyond. Seriously. Air conditioning in public area, Business facilities, a Concierge (essential!), Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Outdoor venue for special events (hello, wedding!), Safety deposit boxes, and even a Souvenir shop!
They have Family/child friendly things and can also arrange Babysitting service if you need a break from the little terr… angels. Pretty much anything you could need, they have.
For the Kids, and Adults
They have a Family/child friendly aspect, and it could be the hotel's way to keep family members from being separated from each other.
Available in All Rooms
I was impressed by the number of things included: a Additional toilet, Air conditioning, an Alarm clock, and plush Bathrobes. They had a Bathroom phone, a Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, a Closet, a Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, and Daily housekeeping. A Desk, and Extra long bed too. They even have Free bottled water, and the Hair dryer is good too! In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, and Ironing facilities. They offer Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, a Mirror, Non-smoking rooms, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, a Scale, a Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, a Shower, and Slippers. Don't worry, they have a Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, a Sofa, and Soundproofing, plus a Telephone, Toiletries, and Towels. Even has a Umbrella, Visual alarm, and Wake-up service. Finally, it has Wi-Fi [free], and a Window that opens for that lovely fresh air feel.
Getting Around – Because You Can't Stay in the Spa Forever
They’ve got you covered with Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], and even a Taxi service. Valet parking is an option if you feeling bougie. They don’t allow pets, which is a bummer if you’re a pet person, but hey, trade-offs.
The Imperfections and the Quirks (Because No Place is Perfect, and That's Okay)
Okay, here’s a little secret: I’m not sure what the "shrine" is all about. Not my cup of tea, but hey, to each their own. They have more Security [24-hour] and Front desk [24-hour] so, they are sure to keep you safe.
The Bottom Line (AND Why You NEED to Book This Hotel!)
Look, I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels in my life. And I'm telling you, Escape to Royal Luxury: Windsor Castle Hotel is something special. It's not just the plush towels and the amazing spa; it's the feeling you get when you're there. It's the service, it's the attention to detail, it's the way they make you feel pampered from the moment you arrive!
Now, for the sales pitch:
ARE YOU READY TO ESCAPE THE EVERYDAY?
Are you dreaming of a getaway where you can truly relax, recharge, and rediscover the meaning of "luxury"? Where personalized service and impeccable amenities are the standard, not an afterthought?
Then stop scrolling and book your stay at Escape to Royal Luxury: Windsor Castle Hotel NOW!
We are offering a special package for a limited time:
- Unbeatable Deal: Book your stay now, and receive a complimentary upgrade to a room with a breathtaking view (subject to availability!).
- Spa Indulgence: Get a 20% discount on all spa treatments during your stay. Treat

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your polished, perfectly-planned travel itinerary. This is… me trying to navigate Windsor Castle Hotel Australia. God help me.
Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic - "Is this a trap?"
- 11:00 AM: Flight arrives at Melbourne Airport. Groan. Long flight, cramped seats, the usual. Am already suspecting I've forgotten something crucial - my sanity, probably.
- Anecdote: Almost tripped over a rogue suitcase at baggage claim. Narrowly avoided face-planting in front of a very disapproving-looking chihuahua. Turns out, it belonged to a tiny, furious grandmother. Didn't make eye contact.
- 12:30 PM: Skybus to Southern Cross Station. Okay, relatively painless. Except for the woman who insisted on telling me her entire life story, in rapid-fire, during the entire journey.
- Quirky Observation: Melbourne’s tram system is a beautiful chaos. Like well-dressed pigeons, they weave through the city, a symbol of something that works despite its own inherent madness.
- 2:00 PM: Check-in at Windsor Castle Hotel. Oooooh, the Windsor! It's… grand. Like, really grand. Makes me feel like I should be wearing a monocle and attempting to pronounce "hors d'oeuvres."
- Emotional Reaction: Initially, overwhelming! The lobby genuinely intimidated me. Like, "am I dressed appropriately for this luxury?" Answer: no. Definitely no. Found my room - finally.
- 2:30 PM: Explore the room. Deep breaths. Relieved by a small bag of complimentary chocolates.
- Impression: The room itself is genuinely stunning. Classic furniture, high ceilings. The air conditioning is on full blast. I'm not going to lie, I'm impressed.
- 3:00 PM: Decide to seek out the cafe for a caffeine overload.
- Incident: Order a coffee, my accent betrays me as a tourist, nearly spilling it on myself. Realize I'm probably in the presence of a very important person and immediately feel a wave of awkwardness.
- 3:30 PM: Wander around the hotel a bit, feeling like an idiot (still). Find the gym. Decide to skip the gym.
- Rambling Thought: Okay, maybe I should have gone, but the idea of exercising in this environment feels…wrong. This place demands elegance, not sweatpants. I'd probably pull a muscle just looking at the weights.
- 4:30 PM: Attempt to figure out my itinerary for the week. Give up. Settle on the sofa and look at what I can do with my time.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant.
- Emotional Rollercoaster: The food's amazing…the server is a little bit stern, actually. I don't think I can be fancy.
- Opinionated Language: My god, the wine list is intimidating. How can I possibly choose? I ask for something red. I just want food and silence.
Day 2: Melbourne City Adventures & the Great Coffee Hunt
- 9:00 AM: Wake up, slightly hungover from overthinking the wine list.
- 9:30 AM: Coffee, again. Need to find a good spot. Desperate.
- Opinionated Language: Windsor's cafe is fine, but this is Melbourne. This is the city where coffee is an art form. The mission: Find the perfect flat white.
- 10:00 AM: Walk to Flinders Street Station. Gorgeous historic building.
- 10:30 AM: Take a tram to Hosier Lane. Street art! Absolutely wild.
- Anecdote: Almost walked into a live mural painting. The artist gave me a withering look. Note to self: Try NOT to be that tourist.
- 11:30 AM: Coffee Hunt: Wander into a random cafe with an enticing name. "The Bean Scene" . The coffee is… acceptable.
- Rambling Thought: Melbourne coffee culture is intense. It's a whole language, a delicate dance of beans and milk. I'm clearly not a master of the art.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch somewhere. Burger, obviously.
- 2:00 PM: Check out the laneways and arcades. Hidden gems everywhere.
- 4:00 PM: Back to the hotel to rest my tired feet.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Find a casual eatery.
- 8:00 PM: Early night. Need to recharge my social battery.
Day 3: The Great Ocean Road (Or, "Why Did I Think This Was a Good Idea?")
- 8:00 AM: Wake up with a massive dose of excitement.
- 9:00 AM: Pick up a rental car. Pray to the driving gods.
- 10:00 AM: Embark on the Great Ocean Road. Oh. My. GOD.
- Emotional Rollercoaster: Stunning does not even begin to describe it. The cliffs, the ocean, the views… breathtaking. Also, I feel car sick.
- 12:00 PM: Stop at one of the scenic points. Take pictures. Marvel.
- Quirky Observation: The tourists and I are all vying for that perfect Instagram shot. It's a beautiful, unspoken competition.
- 2:00 PM: Visit the Twelve Apostles. Mind-blowingly beautiful.
- Doubling Down on Experience: I spend a full hour just standing there, staring at the formations, the wind whipping around. The sheer power and beauty of nature… wow. It hits me. It's a lot.
- 4:00 PM: Drive back. Exhausted. Car sick. But also… blissed out?
- 8:00 PM: Dinner back at the Windsor, completely wrecked but smiling. Relieved to be back at the hotel.
Day 4: Art, Gardens & a Slightly Embarrassing Afternoon Tea
- 9:00 AM: Visit the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV). Try to look cultured.
- Anecdote: Spent way too long staring at a painting of a bowl of fruit. Felt like a philistine surrounded by actual, intelligent people.
- 11:00 AM: Explore the Botanic Gardens. Peaceful. Needed.
- 1:00 PM: Afternoon Tea at the hotel. Dread.
- Messier Structure: Okay, so this is where it went off the rails a bit. I dressed up. I wore a hat. I felt like I was in a bad movie. First, the scones were delicious. Then, I spilled my tea. Then, I dropped a scone on my lap. Then, I accidentally knocked over a tiny, elaborate cake stand. Then, I wanted to die.
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: I was mortified. Absolutely mortified. I wanted to disappear into the floral wallpaper. The waiter, bless his cotton socks, just smiled and brought me more tea. I slunk away, defeated, and vowed to eat pizza for dinner.
- 2:30 PM: Head to the cinema to recover.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner and pizza.
Day 5: Departure (Thank God!)
- 9:00 AM: Last-minute souvenir shopping.
- 10:00 AM: Check out feeling surprisingly attached to the hotel.
- 11:00 AM: Skybus back to the airport.
- Opinionated Language: Seriously, why do long-haul flights always feel longer going home?
- 1:00 PM: Flight Departure.
- 2:00 PM: Departure from Australia.
- Emotional Reaction: I'm sad to leave. The trip was a mess, but it was my mess. And Melbourne, with its coffee, its art, and its sheer ridiculousness, had somehow gotten under my skin.
This is just a rough guide, of course. Expect detours, changes of plan, and moments of sheer, joyful chaos. And remember, take the advice of someone who's been there, done that, worn the hat, and spilled the tea: embrace the mess. It's where the best memories are made.
Now…where's that chocolate?
Escape to Paradise: Marvie Hotel & Health, Croatia - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Escape to Royal Luxury: Windsor Castle Hotel, Australia Awaits! (Or Does It...?) – A Messy FAQ
**Okay, First Things First: The Basics (Yawn…but We Gotta Start Somewhere)**1. What *is* the Windsor Castle Hotel supposedly all about? Sounds…fancy.
Right, so the brochure promised "regal elegance" and a "once-in-a-lifetime escape" to the Australian bush. I am *always* skeptical of anything promising "once-in-a-lifetime," because my life is basically a series of everyday, often embarrassing, events. Anyway, the gist is “luxury” and supposedly a taste of the British monarchy, plopped down smack-bang in the middle of… well, whatever part of Australia they shoved it in. Think… Downton Abbey does outback, maybe?
2. Where is this place, exactly? Because "Australia" is a big place.
Good question! And a crucial one, which I, in my excitement (read: poor planning), *didn't* think to ask beforehand. It's apparently near Windsor (duh!), and, um, I didn't exactly memorize the map coordinates. Let’s just say…driving from the airport took a *while*. Bring a book. And maybe some snacks. And a decent amount of sanity. You'll need it. Especially if you're travelling with kids, or, God help you, with *your* mother.
3. So, what were the rooms like? Did they actually *look* royal?
Okay, the rooms… this is where it gets… complicated. The website photos? Gorgeous. Think four-poster beds, plush velvet, and chandeliers that probably cost more than my car. The reality? Well… the bed *was* comfy, I'll give them that. But the velvet? Felt a bit… scratchy. And the chandelier? One of the crystal bits fell off the first night. I swear! I was mortified. I'm not usually a klutz, but apparently, I have a tendency to accidentally disassemble expensive decor. I tried to put it back, but then I was afraid I was going to break the whole thing. I left it where it laid...
Also, the 'royal' theme was a little… intense. Like, portraits of stern-looking people I didn't recognize everywhere. It started to feel like they were judging me. I started to feel a bit… paranoid about leaving crumbs on the pillow. I started to consider my life choices. You know, existential stuff.
4. Did they have a decent bathroom? (Because, let's be real, that's *important*.)
The *bathroom*. Ah, the bathroom. Another mixed bag. The shower was… fine. The water got hot. But the lighting? Awful. Flattering, not at all. I ended up putting on my makeup by the window (after moving the rather heavy mirror, I might add). There was, thankfully, a bathrobe, though. I may or may not have spent an entire afternoon in it, eating room service and watching, what was it? Oh yeah, reruns of "I Love Lucy." Don't judge me.
5. The food! Tell me about the food! Was it… *good* at least?
Okay, the food. This is where I had the most… *opinions*. The website boasted about "gourmet dining" and "chef-prepared masterpieces." My experience? A bit… uneven. Breakfast was decent enough. The usual suspects. Eggs, bacon, the whole shebang. Lunch? Fine. Dinner, though? Ah, dinner. One night was truly fantastic, a delicious roast that was probably better than anything I can personally cook. But the other nights? Let's just say, one dish was so salty it basically burned my tastebuds off. I actually sent it back. Which I *never* do! I think that's when I truly realized this was *not* a "once-in-a-lifetime" gourmet experience. The service was excellent. The chef, however, might have had a salt-shaker-fingers-on-fire episode that night. The desserts were generally good. The wine list was extensive, but also… very, very expensive. I stuck with the house red.
Oh, I almost forgot. Room service was… a lifesaver. Especially when I was hiding in my bathrobe. See above.
6. Were there any activities? Something to do besides stare at the portraits?
They had a spa. Which I *did* take advantage of! The massage was pretty darn good. I got a facial. I feel asleep during the facial. The masseuse very kindly didn't tell me that I snored. Bliss. They also had a pool. A very pretty pool. I went swimming. It was lovely. They also had "horse-drawn carriage rides," which, honestly, felt a bit… silly. Who needs a carriage ride when there's a perfectly good, if slightly-salty, spa? I didn't do the carriage ride. Regrets? Maybe a tiny one.
7. Okay, spill the tea! What was the absolute *best* part? And the absolute *worst*?
Best part: Oh, the spa! Definitely the spa. The massage, the peace, the chance to momentarily forget the world (and the slightly-dodgy decor). Also, and this is going to sound so cheesy, the opportunity to be totally unplugged... no phone, no emails, no to-do lists nagging me. The worst part? That darn scratchy velvet. And the salt overload at dinner. And maybe the slightly-off feeling of being *expected* to be… royal. I am *not* royal. I'm a human being with questionable life choices who really enjoys reruns of "I Love Lucy."
8. So, would you go back? Be honest!
You know, that's a tough one. I'm… conflicted. If they did a major overhaul on the food and invested in some less itchy velvet, maybe. And if they offered unlimited spa treatments. Otherwise, maybe not. It's a good place to visit to get away from the world, and, if you are me,Top Places To Stay

