
Odessa's BEST Extended Stay? (Select Suites Review!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling, dusty world of Odessa extended stays! And the target? Select Suites Review! This isn't your grandma's sanitized hotel review; this is a raw, unfiltered, and probably caffeine-fueled attempt to figure out if this place is actually worth your time – and more importantly, your money!
Odessa's BEST Extended Stay? (Select Suites Review!) - The REAL Deal
Let's be honest, Odessa isn't exactly known for its luxury. It's oil rigs, wide-open spaces, and…well, a certain gritty charm. So, going in, expectations were…tempered. But Select Suites Review promised something different: a comfortable, extended-stay experience designed for the long haul. Did they deliver? Let's find out, shall we?
(I swear, I still have sand in my boots from my last extended stay, but that is a different story)
Accessibility & Safety - Because We Gotta Know!
Ok, Let's get this out of the way: Accessibility is a must these days. I'm not physically impaired, thankfully, but I appreciate a hotel that gets it. Select Suites Review claims to have facilities for disabled guests, and honestly, I believe them. The elevator (crucial for these weary legs!) worked. I saw ramps, and I'm guessing their rooms are fairly accessible.
CLEANLINESS & SAFETY FIRST Now for the part where things get serious! I want to feel safe at all costs, so I looked for the following:
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Score! They look on top of it
- Daily Disinfection: I see a common theme here.
- Hand Sanitizer: Yeah, they got these.
- Staff Trained in Safety Protocol: I can't say for sure, but the staff was surprisingly well-informed and helpful.
- Rooms sanitized between stays. Yes!
- Safe dining setup I saw this.
This is good.
The Rooms: Your Home Away From (Not-So-Gritty) Home
Okay, let's get to the meat and potatoes. The rooms at Select Suites Review are…well, they're spacious. Like, really spacious. You're not crammed into a box here. The suites offer tons of amenities, including:
- Air conditioning: (Thank. Freaking. God! It's Odessa, it's HOT!)
- Kitchenette: This is HUGE for extended stays. I'm talking fridge, microwave, and a (potentially) usable stovetop.
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms: And it worked! No more frantic searching for a signal at 2 AM.
- More, more, more! The usual suspects: a desk, a comfy bed (yay!), a TV, and all your basic necessities.
Now, the Reality Check:
- The Decor: It leans toward "functional" rather than "fashionable." Think clean lines, neutral colors, and…well, it's not going to win any design awards. But it's clean, it’s functional, and I could actually, like, breathe in the room!
- Soundproofing: Surprisingly good! I didn't hear the trucks rumbling all night, which is a massive win.
- Complimentary Tea and COFFEE: This is something I want to see.
The Extras - Where Select Suites Review Shines (Maybe)
Here's where things get interesting, because an extended stay isn't just about the room.
- Fitness Center: Yup, they have one. I attempted to use it once. Let's just say the treadmill and I had a brief, intense, and ultimately unsuccessful relationship. It's there, it's functional, and it might be awesome if you’re, you know, actually into fitness.
- Swimming Pool [Outdoor]: Oh, yeah! They have one! I did not have a chance to try it out, but it’s in the middle of the city, so I can imagine that it is fairly nice and comfortable.
- Breakfast [Buffet]: Standard fare, but the coffee was decent, and they had the usual (eggs, bacon, pastries, fruit)
Dining, Drinking and Snacking - Fueling the Extended Stay
Let's be honest, you will get hungry. And you'll probably want a beer at some point. Here's what Select Suites Review offers:
- Breakfast service: (See Above - basic, reliable)
- Restaurants: They don’t actually have onsite restaurants, but there are several options in the area.
- Snack bar: Yes, because I know they got this
- Coffee Shop Yes! I need it!
Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Make a Difference
- Daily housekeeping: A godsend on a long trip.
- Laundry service: They offer it!
- Concierge/Doorman: Friendly and helpful.
- Convenience store: Need a soda and a bag of chips at 11 PM? They got you.
- Cash withdrawal: Yep.
The Downsides (Because No Place is Perfect)
- Location, Location, Location: It's Odessa. You're not exactly going to get views of the Eiffel Tower.
- The Vibe: It's not glamorous. It's functional. It's… utilitarian chic.
The Verdict: Should You Book Select Suites Review?
For an extended stay in Odessa, YES. It's comfortable, it's clean, it's got the essentials, and it offers a good balance of price and amenities. This isn't a five-star resort, but it's a solid, reliable choice for those who need a home away from home.
Here’s the real truth: I’d go back. And that’s the best endorsement I can give.
My Quirky Opinion: I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. It's clean, spacious, and functional, making it a good choice for extended stays.
SEO Optimization:
- Keywords: Odessa extended stay, extended stay Odessa Texas, Select Suites Review, hotel in Odessa, extended stay hotel, long-term stay Odessa, Odessa hotels, pet-friendly hotels Odessa
- Localized Keywords: Odessa, Texas
- Long-Tail Keywords: "Best extended stay in Odessa," "Where to stay for a long-term stay in Odessa," "Select Suites Review extended stay review."
- Structure: Headings, subheadings, bolding for emphasis, and bullet points to enhance readability.
- Content: Detailed, insightful, actionable, and unique (includes personal anecdotes and opinion).
(Disclaimer: I am not a professional travel writer. I’m just a dude who likes to travel, and who happens to be writing about a hotel. Your mileage may vary.)
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Stay at BARIÅž SUITE HOTEL, Turkey
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to Odessa, Texas, for, well, let's just say "reasons." And we're bunking at the Extended Stay America Select Suites. God help us.
The "Odessa or Bust (and Maybe Regret)" Itinerary
Day 1: Pre-Trip Panic & Parking Lot Ponderings
- 8:00 AM: Wake up in a cold sweat. Did I pack my toothbrush? (Spoiler: No.) Did I remember to tell the dog I'd be gone? (Double spoiler: I have no dog.) The usual pre-trip existential dread. Coffee. Lots of coffee. Praying it will kick in before the drive.
- 8:30 AM: Scramble around the house, throwing clothes into a suitcase that's seen better days. Note to self: Replace suitcase. Also, maybe therapy.
- 9:00 AM: The great car-packing Tetris game. Cramming everything into the trunk like I'm preparing for the apocalypse. Realize I’m missing the bungee cords. Rage. Drive to the gas station, buy bungee cords and snacks.
- 9:30 AM: Finally, on the road! First sign of serious issues, the radio is playing the most horrible music.
- Noon: Stop at a truck stop. The air smells of diesel and regret. Grab a questionable burrito and a diet soda. Wonder if this is how my life peaked.
- 4:00 PM: ARRIVAL. Extended Stay America. It's… well, it's definitely a place. Check in. The lady at the front desk looks like she's seen things. I tip her, because I'm pretty sure she deserves it.
- 4:30 PM: Room inspection. Okay, the carpet is questionable, but the microwave seems clean. Victory! Unpack, plop down on the bed, and stare passively at the TV.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. The nearby options are limited. I'm going to eat at the only establishment that doesn't give me the creeps. It's a dive bar. The beer is cold and the locals watch my every move, which is unsettling, but the fries are perfectly cooked.
Day 2: Digging for Gold…and Maybe Sanity
- 7:00 AM: Wake up groggy, the cheap motel coffee already having had its effects. Is that a roach? No, just a weird shadow. Sigh of relief.
- 7:30 AM: Breakfast. The complimentary "breakfast" at the hotel consists of a sad granola bar and a shrink-wrapped muffin. Consider running to the store. Reject the idea.
- 8:00 AM: Our (questionable) objective for today: A place called the "Permian Basin Petroleum Museum." Because, hey, when in Odessa…
- 9:00 AM: The Museum. Fascinating, actually! The history of oil is, weirdly, captivating. There's a giant drilling rig outside, and I take a selfie with it.
- 11:00 AM: Wandering around a dusty antique shop. Find a porcelain doll that's staring straight into my soul. Nope. Put it back.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch. I'm thinking I'll check out a place called "Ranch House," if I can find it. The reviews are mixed but I like to live dangerously.
- 1:30 PM: The Ranch House! It's actually… kind of good. Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and a side salad. My arteries are screaming but I'm oddly happy.
- 3:00 PM: Stroll around town. Odessa. It's dusty. It's hot. But there's a certain quietness, an overlooked beauty in the desolation. Maybe I'm just delirious from the sun.
- 5:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Watch some terrible TV and contemplate the meaning of life. Or at least the meaning of this trip.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Another dive-bar. I'm starting to feel like a local. The waitress knows my name. Actually, the waitress IS the owner. I like this place.
Day 3: Leaving Odessa, Possibly a Bit Broken
- 7:00 AM: Morning after the second dive bar. My head hurts. I blame the cheap beer.
- 7:30 AM: Same sad breakfast. This time I actually eat the muffin.
- 8:00 AM: Attempt to find something to do. Can't. Everything is closed.
- 9:00 AM: Pack. Sigh. Remember to leave a good tip.
- 10:00 AM: Check out. The front desk lady smiles sadly, as if she also understands the weight of this trip.
- 10:30 AM: Drive away. Back on the road. The radio is still awful. Contemplate throwing it out the window.
- 11:00 AM: Stop by the local grocery store for some snacks to last the long drive.
- 12:00 PM: On the road. This time I'm prepared, I think… I'm still getting the hang of this whole "travel" thing.
- (Whenever I get home): Unpack. Collapse on the couch. Swear to never, EVER, go to Odessa again… at least, not for a few months.
This, my friends, is the REAL travel experience. Imperfect, messy, and utterly, undeniably… human. And somewhere, in the vast emptiness of West Texas, it somehow makes sense. (Or maybe not. Who knows?)
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Ariane & SPA, France Awaits!
Odessa's BEST Extended Stay? (Select Suites Review!) - The Unfiltered Truth
Okay, spill the beans. Is Select Suites *actually* the best extended stay in Odessa? Like, seriously?
Ugh, the "best" is such a loaded word, right? Look, if you're expecting the Ritz? Absolutely not. If you're expecting a clean, comfortable place to crash for weeks, months even, in the OIL PATCH, then yeah, maybe. See, I've stayed in Odessa hotels that smelled like regret and despair...and maybe a hint of spilled motor oil. Select Suites? They were… good, mostly. Think of it like this: it's a dependable, solid friend. Not the life of the party, but always there when you need 'em.
Let's talk rooms. What's the vibe? Cozy? Cluttered? Like a prison cell with a kitchenette?
Okay, so the rooms. I remember walking in the first time, and my immediate thought? "Wow, bigger than my actual apartment! Okay, maybe I exagerrate." Seriously though, spacious. I was in a *suite*, which is kinda funny because it made me feel important. Definitely no prison cell vibes. The kitchenette had a *functioning* microwave and mini-fridge, not just for show! The furniture? Well… functional. Think… "Early 2000s hotel chic." Don't expect designer digs. But the bed? Pretty comfy. After a 12-hour shift, all that matters is the sleep. Plus, I could cook my own goddamn eggs! HUGE win.
But (and there’s always a but, isn't there?) The occasional… let's call it "character" in the carpet? Not a deal-breaker, but definitely noticed. And the lighting? A little dim. Like, "romantic evening with a can of beans" dim. They could do better, definitely.
What about the amenities? Free breakfast? Laundry? A swimming pool filled with lukewarm sadness?
Breakfast! Okay, this is where it gets… interesting, mostly from memory. They HAD it. Waffles/eggs/bread/cereals. This wasn't the Four Seasons buffet, mind you. I remember one morning, the waffle maker was out of commission. The woman kept apologizing, because how's a guy gonna make a waffle without a waffle maker? So I just had some toast and coffee. Not ideal, but hey, it's free. And coffee is LIFE in Odessa, Texas, I swear. Laundry room? Yes! A lifesaver, especially if you're on the rigs, just covered in mud. The pool? Ah, now this is where it fails... it wasn't sad, it was NONEXISTENT. This I found to be very depressing. The gym was an afterthought, a couple treadmills crammed in a small room. So, don't expect a resort experience. Basic necessities covered, with a side of… let's call it "rustic charm".
Let's go deeper: What's the staff like? Are they helpful? Or do they glare at you as if you're personally responsible for the price of gas?
The staff… okay, this is a mixed bag. Most of the the front desk folks were nice and genuinely seemed to care. I remember one time, my key card stopped working at like 3 AM. Ugh. I was exhausted. And the night guy? He was fantastic. Got me a new key card instantly. No attitude. Just helpfulness. That kind of stuff makes a difference. Now, I wouldn't say they all bend over backwards, but they’ll help you out. I think there was only one lady when checking in who had a bad day. I felt sorry for her because I was sure it was a long day to be there.
Location, location, location! Is it convenient? Or are you stuck in the middle of nowhere?
Well, technically speaking, you're *in* Odessa. More than that, It’s close to restaurants, and a Walmart, convenience shops, and all that good stuff you need. I walked, and that was a bonus, especially after being stuck in a truck all day. Not in walking distance of the "coolest" bars or anything, but Odessa isn’t really known for the coolest bars, is it? You're not going to be far from a decent meal or a place to grab essentials. So, convenient? Yeah, pretty much. Consider it a win.
The Wi-Fi. The bane of every traveler's existence. How's the connection? Reliable? Or a digital black hole?
Okay, the Wi-Fi. This is where the story gets interesting. So, I am streaming, so I'm working on a podcast. On a 12-hour shift. The Wi-Fi? It was… okay. Okay-ish. I remember a few times, the connection would drop at the worst possible moment (i.e., during a video call with my girlfriend). It felt like the Wi-Fi knew exactly when I needed it the most. Other times, perfect. Mostly fine for basic browsing, email, and streaming. Don't expect to download a massive file in seconds. A few times the wifi got a little choppy, but for the most part, worked. So, bring a backup plan… or a super-powered mobile hotspot.
Any major downsides? Things to REALLY watch out for? Like, bed bugs?
Bed bugs? Nope. I checked religiously. I have a serious fear of those things! I had to be careful, living almost full time in one of these places. The biggest downside? The occasional noise. Thin walls are a real thing in those extended stay places. Now, I wasn't right next to the highway, but you can still hear the traffic. Especially on weekends/nights. Plus, the AC was SUPER loud. It's not a deal breaker, but if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. Seriously. Also, and this is a petty thing but I'm mentioning it anyway, the elevator was always slow. I ended up taking the stairs a lot. Overall? No major horror stories. Just things to be aware of.
Would you go back? And if so, why? (Be honest!)
Honestly? Yeah, I probably would. It's simple. It's not fancy, it's not pretentious, but it *works.* It's clean enough, the staff are generally good, and you get a decent size room. Is it the best hotel ever? No. But forRooms And Vibes

