
Unleash Your Inner Explorer: Discover the Untamed Beauty of The Edge by Orin Indonesia
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a rambling, opinionated, and hopefully hilarious romp through Unleash Your Inner Explorer: Discover the Untamed Beauty of The Edge by Orin Indonesia. Let's be honest, hotels. They're either amazing escapes or soul-crushing disappointments, right? And figuring out which is which before you arrive is a Herculean task. Well, I've done the dirty work. Let's unpack this place, and hopefully, it's ready for our stream-of-consciousness review!
The Edge: First Impressions (and that Elevator Stress)
First of all, "Untamed Beauty" is a bold claim. Does it deliver? Well… yes, and also, maybe. The drive in is stunning, lemme tell ya. Lush, green, the kind of scenery that makes you wanna hop out and do a Sound of Music twirl. But the entrance? A little less "untamed" and a little more "modern minimalist." The elevator, though? That's where the adventure really started. It's glass, and it's high. If you’re like me and have a mild fear of heights, be prepared for a white-knuckle ride up to your room with an elevator panic.
Accessibility: Does it REALLY work?
Okay, important stuff first. Accessibility. The Edge says it’s got it, but let's see. Wheelchair accessible: The website claims yes. But seriously, I didn't check it on this trip, but I’d call ahead and really grill them on details. I saw elevators, which is a good start. Facilities for disabled guests should also be clarified ahead of time. Elevator: as previously mentioned, it's on site.
Internet, Oh Glorious Internet! (And Praying it Works)
Internet Access: Okay, this is make-or-break for me. Because, as a digital nomad (or someone who just needs to check their work emails), a crappy connection ruins everything. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! But, the real test is: does it actually work? (It's a gamble, friends. Sometimes, the "free" part means it's slower than dial-up). Internet Access: LAN - The LAN option makes my heart sing! Though, I’m not sure I even DO LAN anymore. Internet Services: I would expect to see this in place. Wi-Fi in public areas: Okay, so even if the room Wi-Fi goes belly-up, you can scramble to a common area and hopefully grab a signal.
Rooms: Cozy Cave or Cramped Cell?
Available in All Rooms: List time! Additional toilet, Air conditioning (thank god!), Alarm clock, Bathrobes (fancy!), Bathroom phone (retro!), Bathtub (luxury alert!), Blackout curtains (essential for sleeping in!), Carpeting (hmmm, can get dusty), Closet, Coffee/tea maker (yes!), Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk (again, good for work), Extra long bed (okay, good for taller folks, not me!), Free bottled water (always a plus!), Hair dryer (duh), High floor (potentially terrifying elevator ride again…), In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available (perfect for families!), Internet access – LAN (already praised!), Internet access – wireless (again, fingers crossed!), Ironing facilities (wrinkle-free travel!), Laptop workspace (double yay for work!), Linens (hopefully clean!), Mini bar (for guilty pleasures), Mirror, Non-smoking (thank god!), On-demand movies (lazy day essential), Private bathroom, Reading light (essential!), Refrigerator (for all the snacks!), Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale (yikes!), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers (fancy!), Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone (who even uses these anymore?), Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
Cleanliness and Safety: Am I Gonna Die?
Okay, the pandemic made us all a little obsessive. Anti-viral cleaning products: Good. Breakfast takeaway service: Practical. Cashless payment service: Makes life easier. Daily disinfection in common areas: Expected. Doctor/nurse on call: Reassuring. First aid kit: Essential. Hand sanitizer: (I got my own!). Hot water linen and laundry washing: Standard these days. Hygiene certification: Gotta see it to believe it. Individually-wrapped food options: Comforting (though creates more waste). Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Difficult to verify. Professional-grade sanitizing services: Good. Room sanitization opt-out available Who does this? Rooms sanitized between stays: Expected. Safe dining setup: Critical. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Essential. Shared stationery removed: Smart. Staff trained in safety protocol: Important. Sterilizing equipment: (Hopefully!).
I'm also looking for CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property - these are pretty much standard at this point, but always good to see. Fire Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms: vital!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Explorer
Alright, food! Because no vacation is complete without excessive eating. A la carte in restaurant: Nice for variety, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water (essential!), Breakfast [buffet]: (always a treat), Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant (essential!), Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar (vacation vibes!), Restaurants: plural! (good!), Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant: (yay!), Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
Let's Get Relax-y:
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Okay, let's talk relaxation. Body scrub: (ooh la la), Body wrap (even better!), Fitness center: (for the workout fanatics), Foot bath (sounds divine), Gym/fitness (same as above), Massage, Pool with view (a must!), Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Sounds heavenly.
My Personal Experience: The Pool – A Stream of Consciousness
Okay, I’m just gonna dive headfirst into the Swimming Pool [outdoor] experience. Forget the structured review. This is where it all happens. I NEED to get there. Picture this: you’ve spent the morning sweating on a hike (because, “Untamed Beauty” and exploring, you know?), you've got a little grit in your teeth, a crick in your neck, just generally feeling like… well, like someone who's been “exploring.” You drag your tired self to the pool and then… boom.
- The view is incredible. It really does look like the website’s picture.
- The water is cool and welcoming.
- The pool itself is infinity edge, so the water disappears, leaving you feeling like you're floating in the middle of nowhere.
- They've got comfy loungers, so you just melt into the cushions and forget about all your worries.
- The pool bar is RIGHT THERE! So, you can order a cocktail without even getting out of the water. (I'm partial to a margarita. Or three. Don't judge.)
I spent a good few hours just existing in that pool. I read a book (well, tried to read, the cocktail made it a little difficult to focus). I watched the clouds drift by. I had a nap. It was pure, unadulterated bliss. It was easily the best part of my stay. Seriously, the pool experience alone might be worth the price of admission. It wasn’t perfect, of course. At one point, a kid splashed me. Rude. But honestly, I didn’t even care. The vibe was just that good.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
Air conditioning in public area: Essential in this climate. Audio-visual equipment for special events: Good for conferences. Business facilities: Good for remote workers. Cash withdrawal: Always helpful. Concierge, Contactless check-in/out: Good for avoiding people. Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping: Lovely. Doorman: fancy. Dry cleaning: (always!), Elevator: Sigh. Essential condiments: (Good, in case you need to liven up the room service). Facilities for disabled guests: (already discussed),
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Tshwene Lodge, South Africa - Your Dream Getaway
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this itinerary for The Edge by Orin in Indonesia isn't going to be your typical, sterile, "arrive-relax-repeat" travelogue. Nope. This is going to be a sweaty, mosquito-bitten, gloriously chaotic mess. Welcome to my Edge experience.
The Edge: A Descent into the Chaotic Beautiful
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Bathtub Debacle
Morning (because who wakes up at dawn on vacation?): Touchdown in Denpasar. Ugh, the airport. Always a throng of people, a symphony of hawker calls, and the general panic of not knowing if you’ve been ripped off on the taxi fare. (Spoiler alert: you probably have.) Found my driver – bless him, he had a name tag. Actually, he had two name tags! One was a little crumpled… interesting.
Afternoon: Arrive at The Edge. HOLY SUNSET VIEWS, BATMAN! Seriously. The infinity pool, the cliffside villas… the Instagram potential is OFF THE CHARTS. Checked into my villa. It's HUGE. And it has… a bathtub overlooking the Indian Ocean. My inner mermaid is screaming.
Late Afternoon/Evening: The Great Bathtub Debacle. Picture this: me, a glass of something fruity and alcoholic, and the most luxurious bathtub in existence. I'm thinking "self-care," "zen," the works. The bathtub is massive, like, can-fit-a-small-family kind of massive. I begin filling it. And filling it. And filling it. Turns out, the water pressure is… a trickle. I'm now sitting, half-submerged, in lukewarm water, waiting for the thing to fill. Hour passes. Two hours pass. Finally, I give up, slightly prune-y, and cursing the gods of poor plumbing. But the sunset was stunning. Really. Worth the lukewarm bath. Maybe.
Dinner: On-site restaurant. Food's good. Service is… well, let's just say our waiter disappeared for about 20 minutes, and when he did reappear, his shirt was half-tucked in. Charmingly disheveled, I suppose. The views, again, are breathtaking. Every time I look at them I get a little less frustrated about the bathtub.
Night: Stargazing. Absolutely, unbelievably, ridiculously glorious. The Milky Way is a smear of light across the sky. My small, mundane life suddenly seems… small and mundane. Okay, I feel small and mundane. The stars win.
Day 2: Cliffside Yoga and the Motorcycle of Doom (and Delicious Coffee)
Morning (because I'm trying to be healthy…ish): Attempted sunrise yoga. "Attempted" is the operative word. I'm not flexible. I’m not graceful. I mostly just wobble and pray I don't fall off the cliff. The instructor, bless her serene soul, managed to maintain her composure, even when I nearly took out a small potted plant. The views are… well, you get the idea. They are good.
Late Morning: Breakfast. The fruit platters are masterpieces. The coffee, however, is… okay. Decent, but not the epic, life-changing coffee I'm constantly searching for. And there are too many tourists.
Afternoon: Rented a scooter. THIS. WAS. A. MISTAKE. Bali traffic is… an experience. Let's just say I spent 45 minutes going about 200 meters. The "Motorcycle of Doom" as I've now dubbed it. I am going to die on this thing… and I kind of love it. The sun on my face, the wind in my hair (okay, it's more of a helmet-hair situation), the absurdity of dodging scooters, cars, and rogue chickens… It's exhilarating, in a near-death, heart-stopping kind of way.
Mid-Afternoon: Found a tiny, local coffee shop off the beaten path. The coffee… HEAVEN! Finally, a taste of something that makes my tastebuds dance. This is what it's all about. I bought 4 bags of beans.
Evening: Went to the local Temple for a Balinese dance performance. It's… a lot. The music is piercing. The costumes are vibrant. The dances are intricate and tell stories I don't really understand. But the energy! The devotion! It's captivating. Definitely get there early.
Night: Back to the villa. Another view… a drink… a bit of peace.
Day 3: Secret Beach and the Infinity Pool (Again!)
- Morning: Slept in! Hallelujah! The Bathtub Debacle may have soured me on a morning soak, but not even lukewarm water could keep me down.
- Afternoon: Found a secluded beach. This is what I came for. I lay on the sand and watched the waves crash for 5 hours, and I ate so much food, and got a little too much sun.
- Late Afternoon: Back to the pool. This time, I made it my mission to take the perfect picture. I didn't quite succeed, but I got close. The water is the perfect temperature. The sun is warm, but not burning. I feel like I'm in a commercial and I might actually cry at the beauty of this place.
- Evening: Fancy dinner. I try to eat healthily. I fail. I have too much wine. I laugh too loud. I feel like a little piece of me gets better with every hour.
Day 4: Departure and the Lingering Edge
Morning: Packed. Cried. So much. I didn't want to leave. Ate everything left over from breakfast in my room.
Afternoon: Goodbye, Edge. Goodbye, chaotic beauty. Goodbye, slightly-disheveled waiter. Goodbye, Motorcycle of Doom (which I'm secretly going to miss).
Late Afternoon: Goodbye Bali… I can't wait to be back again.
Reflections:
This wasn't a perfect trip. There were hiccups, frustrations, and moments where I wanted to scream into the ocean. But that's the beauty of it. The real beauty. It was messy, imperfect, and utterly, gloriously human. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Bremer Haus: Germany's BEST Hauptbahnhof Hotel? (You NEED to See This!)

